Well that was a busy June, with two concerts (in the Alexandra Theatre, Bognor, and our regular summer Chichester Festival concert at St. Paul’s) and two very ‘floral’ events – Chichester Cathedral Festival of Flowers and our regular outing to the beautiful gardens at Stansted for the Garden Show.
But there’s no rest for a brass band in the summer season! Although we’ll be busy preparing for our very exciting trip to Cheltenham to take part in the Finals of the National Brass Band Championship of Great Britain, you’ll still have lots of opportunities to see us in July as we hit Chichester City Centre (Saturday 8th) and some of our favourite local fetes (Singleton, 21st and Sidlesham, 28th). We end the month with our annual participation in the RNLI Service of Thanksgiving (Selsey, Sunday 29th).
Check out all of our events on our Facebook page or our Diary of events page for full details.
Enjoy the sunshine!
We’re already into our 2018 season, having kicked off the ‘Last Friday’ series at St George’s, Whyke in April with a superb concert. But the summer season starts in earnest this weekend with our annual trip to Slindon College for the wonderful Slindon Fete (Saturday May 26th, 2pm)!
June really will be ‘bustin’ out all over’ though with:
- a busy opening weekend at the Chichester Cathedral Festival of Flowers (Saturday 2nd, 9.30am)
- our now annual visit to the Alexandra Theatre, Bognor (Sunday 3rd, 2pm)
- our regular outing to the beautiful gardens at Stansted for the Garden Show (Saturday 9th, 2pm)
- our Chichester Festival concert at St Paul’s (Saturday 16th, 7.30pm).
Check out all of our events on our Facebook page or our Diary of events page – and you can even print some posters out to help us advertise our upcoming concerts!
We’re starting 2018 with a real treat!
Chichester City Council will confer the Honorary Freedom of the City on astronaut Major Tim Peake at a sell-out ceremony at Chichester Festival Theatre on Sunday 25 February at 2.30pm.
We will be playing before the presentation from around 1.45pm.
If you want to see what else we’re doing this year, check out our Diary of Events page. Filled up already!
…to all our friends and supporters. Wishing you all a peaceful, happy and healthy 2018!
Watch this space in the New Year for updates on our concerts and activities…
It’s that time of year again! Make sure you mark your diary for our Christmas Concert – Friday 8th December, 7.30pm, St Paul’s Churchside.
As ever, our run up to Christmas is a busy one so make sure you also take the opportunity to come and see us in and around the City. Here is a selection, but for full details, see our diary of events page.
- Thursday 23rd November: Chichester Lights Switch on: East St, Chichester playing from around 6.45pm (events starts around 5pm – see Chichester BID facebook page for more details)
- Saturday 25th November: Weald and Downland Museum Christmas Market: We will be playing on Saturday from 10.3-11.30am but see W&D Website for details of the weekend’s events
- Sunday 26th November: Chichester Canal Trust Christmas lights: Chichester Canal Basin, 3.30-5pm
- Arundel by Candlelight: playing from 2.30-4.30pm, The Square, Arundel
You can also catch us playing carols in the City Centre (North St) on Saturdays 16th/23rd and Sunday 24th December (between 10-3pm). Come along and say hello!
We had a fantastic ‘Night in Vienna’ at the Selsey Centre on October 24th. A full house joined the band for an evening of waltzes, polkas and marches. And the band even dressed up for the occasion…
But if you missed that one, don’t worry as we’ve managed to sneak in an extra date for the diary. Catch us on November 15th (3-5pm) at the Regis Centre (Alexander Theatre), Bognor Regis. A great way to spend a chilly autumn afternoon. (Tickets £10/£8).
Check out our Diary pages for more info.